Tuna Tune-up

Open face tuna melt. Juicy...
I really wish I used tuna more when I cook. It’s tasty, healthy, and versatile. I was in the mood for something simple and light. I’d had a light and fluffy tuna salad on the Caseus Cheese Truck before (as an add-on to a grilled cheese, of course) and I thought it was genius. I made my own version with the following ingredients:

Two cans of white tuna in water (drained)
Diced carrots
Thinly sliced celery
Thinly sliced baby leeks
Halved cherry tomatoes
Two table spoons of light sour cream
Garlic
Lemon juice
White wine vinegar
Olive oil
Paprika
Seasoned salt
Freshly ground pepper
Two tablespoons of mayonnaise (for schmearing on the bread)

I didn’t put measurements because I typically don’t measure when I cook. And I encourage others to be creative when cooking to make things to taste. After spreading a bit of mayo on whole wheat bread, I piled on the tuna mixture and covered it with a slice of Swiss cheese. Then I toasted it, open faced, and served it with a spicy greens salad fresh from the farmers market. We had to use a knife and fork to eat it because it was so loaded with yummy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment