Good merit for my carrot


Dig in!
My favorite part of carrot cake is the cream cheese frosting. So I thought what better dessert to make for Easter than carrot cheesecake? I made the crust out of candied pecans and graham crackers, which I mixed with butter and baked in my spring form pan for 15 minutes. The recipe calls for grated carrots cooked in butter and sugar. This part took the longest, as zesting a carrot is no easy task! Then I added ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg to my cream cheese batter to give it that warm carrot cake taste.

As always, my cheesecake came out of the oven covered in cracks (anyone have a secret of how to avoid this?) I call them my 8.5 Richter scale fault lines! So I covered the top in a whipped cream cheese icing. Worked great, don't you think? 


I got to work with something I’ve never worked with before: marzipan! This almond paste is popular to make shapes with as it’s like play-doe in texture. I added red and yellow food coloring and molded the paste into little carrots. Then I dipped a knife into cocoa powder and made little marks on the carrots to make them look more real. Finally I added parsley leaves on top and, voila! I managed to make a beautiful carrot cheesecake to be enjoyed by Tom’s family (they loved it! Success!)

1 comment:

  1. that looks AMAZING girl! omg carrot cake cheesecake?! you are killing me! i agree the best part of carrot cake is def that cream cheese frosting! love that you used all that ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

    ReplyDelete