Nacho cheese taco, it's mine!



I’ve noticed a new trend on my beloved food news websites. Websites like Gourmet.com and Huffington Post’s Kitchen Daily are posting articles reviewing outrageous fast food items both in America and around the world. And I love reading them! So it was only a matter of time before I decided to try one of these crazy menu items.

I decided to go with Taco Bell’s Dorito taco. It’s not as crazy as some other items, but I’m on a diet! I have to say, it tasted okay. Basically it's just their normal taco with the different shell, which isn't a new concept to them. The taste was like their normal hard shell taco, just a little more flavorful. I was expecting something a little more shocking, but the shell was like a Dorito chip that had most of the flavor powdering brushed off.

It got me thinking: What if I took Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos and made them into loaded nachos? I think using the real Dorito chip would be a more intense experience. Plus, with melted cheese, the crunch of the chip would be more dynamic. Maybe for next year’s Super Bowl…

No comments:

Post a Comment