You're not the Kielbasa me!


Dirty

Until I moved to Connecticut permanently, I spent my summers here at my grandparent’s house. We had huge Russian home cooked meals every night. Sometimes, if my grandmother was too tired, she would just put out all the makings of a killer sandwich for all us kids to put together. I loved those nights. The simplicity of a sandwich on a plate for dinner with a good beer (or wine!) is something I hold dear to my heart.

   
Poured some 2006 Domaine Jean-Marc
Bouley Clos des Chenes 
Tom bought some mighty fine looking kielbasa and wanted a hearty sandwich for dinner. So I bought some grinder rolls, sauerkraut, peppers and onions and went to work! I first browned the chopped peppers and onions with salt and pepper in an iron skillet. Then I added the kielbasa in large chunks. After a few minutes, I added a bottle of Magic Hat’s Summer weiss Elder Betty and a bottle of hard cider. I let that simmer on low for about 30 minutes (MMmmm I can almost smell it now…) I toasted the grinder rolls with some sea salt butter and loaded them up. I topped it with cheese and broiled until melted. Then I topped that with the sauerkraut and served North Carolina hot dill pickles on the side.

I was stuffed halfway through this bad boy, but I finished it no problem because the flavors were so nice! And for dessert? My left over cake pops over cookies and cream ice cream! Hello heart attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment