Holiday Spirits


I like to make and bake my gifts to friends for Christmas. This year, since I'm into cocktail making, I thought I'd give some mason jars filled with a yummy cocktail (sterilize jars first.) I wanted something ginger based so it was holiday appropriate and could easily be weakened with ginger ale without taking away from the balance of flavors.

Making ginger syrup is easy! Just peel some fresh ginger (I use a spoon.) Then chop it up and throw it into a pot of a couple of cups of water and a cup of brown sugar (I'd use white sugar if it's hot outside.) I don't measure so you'll just have to eye  how much you'd like. Stir while it simmers for about 20 minutes so it reducing it down a little.

I poured the cooled syrup into a bottle with a pour spout. The cocktail had bourbon, ginger syrup, and a peel of clementine. Seal the top on tight, make a cute label and give the gift of holiday "spirit"!

No comments:

Post a Comment