Holi Moli, Ravioli!


A few years ago I bought my mom a Kitchen Aid mixer with a pasta attachment. I thought it was so cool and we’d be eating pasta all the time. Not so! Cut to Christmas 2012 when my mom re-gifts the attachment to me (which I happily accept!) I recently had my own Kitchen Aid mixer upgraded to INDUSTRIAL SIZE! I’m thinkin’ big breads, tall cakes, and tons of homemade whipped cream. The attachment fits on both.

So this is my first attempt at making ravioli. I had the help of Tom and his friend to feed the attachment. I made and kneaded the dough, cooked the filling, and made a creamy sauce. It tasted great, but we learned we MUST make the dough thinner next time. I was so afraid the filling would spill out in the boiling water that I got paranoid and make the edges too thick. Live and learn! I served the ravioli with a big salad of arugula, crumbled goat cheese, my homemade candied pecans, and sliced gala apple.


Wine butter sauce
Filling:
1 Tps butter
Finely chopped bella mushrooms
Finley chopped yellow onion
Ricotta cheese
Truffled salt

Pasta dough:
4 eggs
1Tbs water
3 ½ c. sifted flour
½ tsp salt (I use course Kosher salt)

Sauce:
Veal stock
4 Tbs butter
½ c. heavy cream
½ c. white wine
¼ c. finely grated parmesan
Finely chopped chives (about 10 stems)
Using a glass to cut out the round ravioli shapes
My sou chef hard at work
 


No comments:

Post a Comment