Palatable pumpkin protein pancake

Sploosh


With fall here and a chill in the air, I thought I needed to switch my usual protein shake to something that would give me the warm and fuzzies. Enter the protein pancake! I’d seen variations of protein pancakes made on Twitter, but my pancakes always fell flat (Get it? Flat?). So I trusted my gut and came up with my own recipe because I’m a home cook and they are fitness instructors and who wants a pancake recipe from a gym rat?

So here’s what I came up with:

Put in a blender:
1 cup almond milk
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
½ cup pumpkin purée (plain, canned)
1 scoop protein powder (optional)
½ cup white whole wheat flour
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda

BLEND!

It’ll keep a few days in the fridge. Pour on a hot pan in the morning for a quick pancake that’ll fill you until lunch. Top with your favorite fruit and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment